WINTRY FAMILY FUN

Monday, April 18, 2011

Go Mama Monday!! - Onesie Dress

 I found this cute onesie at the consignment store a few weeks ago.
If you know me, you'll know I was drawn to it for the cupcake.
And the color RED.
 I decided to add a skirt to it.
I chose some red fabric strips I had in my stash.
 I originally was going to sew each layer on separately in ruffles, so I folded down the edges and used a special zig zag stitch.
NOTE: If I were a proper seamstress, and not lazy, I would have ironed them down first.
 I nixed the ruffle plan and sewed the strips together.
I ran a gathering stitch along the top, and pinned the skirt to the shirt, adjusting the gathers to fit evenly.
 I decided it should be a short sleeve dress for summer!
 I laid a shirt on top and used it as a guide to cut the sleeves off. I left a little bit for a seam allowance and sewed the edges down, using the same zig zag stitich as the skirt.
 And there she is!! She loves her new cupcake dress!
 I added some ribbon and ric rac for fun.
 It was perfect for an afternoon of hunting snails.
And off she goes on another adventure!!

6 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

So fun! I love the refashion of a cute cupcake shirt.

Cherish said...

For heaven's sake woman, I want a custom skirt! I know I'm not a toddler but they are so stinkin' cute.

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

This is adorable!!

Kath said...

CUTE!!! love the custom skirt. darling little kelsey.

Shara@LittleGrayTable said...

Love this! The ric rac and ribbon really make it pop! Nice work!

Kaitlin Saenz said...

Again this is soo cute! Thanks so much for linking it up to my {re}create into something new blog party! Hope to see you next week for some more awe inspiring transformations!

Kaitlin--The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...